Moissanite rings, also called moissanite wedding bands or moissanite engagement rings, are beautiful and unique, but to get the most out of your investment you’ll want to learn how to care for them properly. The following tips will help you keep your ring sparkling and beautiful for years to come.
Am I Taking Proper Care Of My Moissanite Ring?
Moissanite is one of the hardest substances on the planet, ranking 9.25 on the Mohs Hardness Scale. This means that your moissanite ring is very durable and will withstand a lot of wear and tear. However, there are still some things you can do to keep your ring looking its best.
Here Are Some Tips On How To Care For Your Moissanite Ring:
- Avoid exposing your ring to harsh chemicals such as bleach or ammonia.
- Remove your ring before doing any physical activity that could damage it, such as gardening, working out, or going for a swim in the pool.
- Store your ring in a soft cloth pouch or jewelry box when you’re not wearing it. 4. Clean your ring with warm water and mild soap if it gets dirty. 5. If you don’t wear your ring regularly, wipe down the surfaces with a damp cloth at least once a week to prevent buildup from forming inside of the prongs. 6. Don’t expose your moissanite ring to extreme heat sources such as hair dryers or curling irons which may change the color or alter its clarity over time!
What Are The Top 3 Things That Affect Moissanite Durability?
It’s important to know how to care for your Moissanite jewelry because like all fine jewelry, it requires special care. Here are the three main things that will affect the durability of your Moissanite ring:
- Exposure to chemicals. Swimming in chlorinated water or being exposed to harsh chemicals can damage the stone and its setting. When cleaning your home, avoid using cleaners with bleach or other harsh chemicals on your hands when wearing your ring.
- knocks and bumps. Because moissanite engagement rings is harder than most other gemstones, it’s more resistant to scratching and chipping. However, it can still be damaged if it’s hit hard enough. Protect your Moissanite earrings by storing them carefully, away from metal objects such as hairpins or earrings with sharp points. Avoid banging them together during storage or when putting them on.
General Tips On How To Clean Your Moissanite Ring
Here are some tips on how to keep your moissanite ring clean:
- Avoid exposing your ring to harsh chemicals, like bleach.
- Take off your ring before swimming in chlorinated water.
- Don’t wear your ring when you’re doing dirty work, like gardening or cooking.
- Gently clean your ring with warm soapy water and a soft cloth after exposure to dirt or chemicals.
- Use a special moissanite-cleaning solution sparingly, since it can strip away the protective coating on the stone over time.
- Get your ring professionally cleaned and inspected once a year.
What Should I Use To Clean My Moissanite Ring?
The thing about moissanite is that it’s a yellow stone. While some people love this about the stone, others find it unappealing. If you’re in the latter camp, don’t worry – there are ways to reduce the yellow tint.
The first step should be washing your hands before touching your ring.
Next, use a soft-bristled toothbrush with warm water and dish soap to gently scrub off any dirt and oils from the surface of the ring.
Once the ring has been washed thoroughly with dish soap and water, make sure you dry it completely before storing it back into its box or jewelry case. Don’t forget: when storing your moissanite earrings make sure they are kept separate from other jewelry (especially rings) so they don’t scratch each other! What should I do if my moissanite gemstone falls out? Should I bring it to a jeweler?
It’s always important to keep an eye on your gems, even after you’ve had them fitted and set. To prevent accidents like these, always wear your ring/engagement band along with other pieces as far down on the finger as possible. You might also want to think about having additional prongs added around the band of your engagement ring if this is something that worries you.
My Moissanite Is Yellow, What Can I Do About It?
Moissanite is a yellowish stone, so if your ring starts to look yellow, it’s probably just because the stone is naturally tinted. You can try cleaning it with a mild soap and water solution, but if that doesn’t work, you might need to have it professionally cleaned. To prevent your ring from turning yellow, avoid exposing it to harsh chemicals and clean it regularly with a gentle jewelry cleaner. You can also buy Moissanite earrings in a variety of colors, so if you’re worried about the yellowing of your ring, you can choose a different color stone. It’s easy to care for Moissanite- my husband recently bought me a pair of moissanite earrings as well!
In conclusion, moissanites are beautiful stones that are great for engagement rings and wedding bands. They’re affordable and easy to care for make sure you get yours now!