The heart health check-up package will provide a detailed examination of a person’s cardiovascular system and also overall health. People suffering from a heart disease or with a family history of heart diseases can benefit from this test. Also, those have other risk factors for heart disease like Diabetes, Stress, Smoking, Sedentary Lifestyle, Obesity, etc. People who are 35 years and above should take the package at least once a year or according to the doctor’s advice. An individual’s mental health has a direct impact on his physical well-being. An inactive and unhealthy lifestyle as well as stress contribute majorly to heart-related disorders in a person. The health check-up package consists of heart screening tests which are done for diagnosing the health as well as the functioning of the heart. These packages help doctors examine the risk of heart disease.
Who are eligible for the heart health check-up package?
- A person is sick, has a fever or any kind of infection
- People having liver disease, who are overweight, who have diabetes or high blood pressure, and those who are exposed to a hepatitis virus
- People who are suffering from kidney disease or kidney stones
- People who are middle-aged
The heart health check-up package consists of the following tests –
- Complete Blood Count (CBC) – A blood test conducted to examine a person’s overall health. It will measure many blood components, like red blood cells, white blood cells, hemoglobin, blood platelets, etc.
- Lipid test – For measuring the lipid level such as cholesterol, and high and low-density lipoprotein in the blood.
- High-sensitivity CRP – The high-sensitivity CRP test will decide the lower levels of CRP in the blood. CRP is important for determining the risk of cardiovascular diseases in patients.
- Liver Function Test (LFT) – The blood test will measure the overall health of the liver.
- Kidney Function Test (KFT) – The blood test will examine the effective functioning of the kidney by measuring the level of substances such as urea, uric acid, and creatinine.
Why should anyone take a heart health check-up package?
- It helps in determining the WBC count of a sick person in the blood.
- A person may require liver function testing if they show symptoms of liver disease. These will include Jaundice, nausea, and vomiting.
- It helps to diagnose diseases that will affect the kidney
- It helps evaluate a person’s cardiovascular health with cholesterol analysis in the blood
- It helps in diagnosing chronic inflammatory diseases like rheumatoid arthritis or heart disease.
What are the benefits of going for regular heart screening tests?
- Helps in the detection of conditions and disorders.
- You will know the condition of the liver and how much it has been affected.
- Also detects any problems in the kidneys, particularly in case of high blood pressure, or diabetes
- Reinstates heart health
- Helps in assessing the risk of developing heart disease.
General Guidelines for heart screening tests
- At least 12 hours of fasting is required before check-up. Patients can drink water but not coffee, tea, or any other beverage before the test.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol for a minimum of 12 hours before the check-up.
- Patients should bring all their previous medical records.
- Pregnant women should not go in for any X-rays.
- Women should avoid health checkups during the time of menstrual period.
- Diabetics should inform the staff about their blood sugar status as well as any anti-diabetes treatment before the blood sample collection.
- The urine sample should be given before any ultrasound test.
- Male patients who have to go for a treadmill test should shave their chest hair before the test.
- Patients should come in loose clothing and not wear any jewellery.
- Any additional tests or consultations required to be done should be informed in advance to the staff for scheduling the appointments effectively for the same.
A heart health check-up package can make you understand your heart health status. It is important to go for regular heart screening tests to detect any symptoms early and start the treatment in time. A health checkup package consists of screening tests conducted according to an individual’s demographics, including their family history. People at high-risk of heart diseases like diabetes should take this take this test without fail. It is extremely vital to go in for regular heart health checkups. Any kind of chronic disease like diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol levels can begin at any stage in life. Early detection can help to avoid serious problems in the future. Taking appropriate and corrective measures, diseases can be managed effectively and can even be prevented.